Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Treats

Being able to make snacks and treats at home for preschool has been great.  I have very fond memories of my mom making special things for me in elementary school and it is sad that we can no longer provide homemade things.  But I am finding that in preschool and also the upper grades, any food is just fine.

Halloween has so much potential for great themed food.  I wanted to make sure I was providing food on the healthier side and did search around for ideas.  I found some cheese cut up using mini Halloween cookie cutters and went ahead and ordered my own set.  The preschool teacher suggested Pretzel dipped in chocolate and sprinkle "Wizard Wands" and included those as well.



Halloween Shaped Cheese

Treats, cheese, cookie cutters

Cheese and mini crackers ready for preschool snack.  I found these mini cups in the baking area designed as muffin cups.  They were perfect earlier this month filled with a couple tablespoons of vanilla yogurt for apple dipping.


 Banana Pumpkin muffins with mini chocolate chips


Pumpkin and leaf shaped melon

Shaped melon, pumpkin, leaves

Some items are for the kids for snack and some are refreshments for the preschool families who come to attend the Halloween parade.

Cutting the cheese and melon with the cookie cutters goes very quickly and was easy enough.  For the cheese, I cut long slices with a wire cheese cutter.  For the melon, I made sure to cut at an angle to yield wider slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment