Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Banana Pumpkin Muffins

Once again I sought out a pumpkin muffin recipe.  I hadn't found one worth repeating yet.  This recipe looked different because it used banana and I've always had good luck with banana.

I basically followed the recipe with a couple substitutions.  The second time I made it, I doubled the recipe and yielded 48 mini muffins (bake 11-13 mins) and 12 small regular muffins (bake 15-18 mins) at 350 degrees.

4 bananas
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/2 cup of applesauce/oil (almost all applesauce)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves

1 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (almost)

The first time I made these without chocolate chips and they are not very sweet and my family very much missed the chocolate chips.  The second time I added the mini chocolate chips and they are perfect.



*11/22/2020 
1 large banana
1/2 of an 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/2 cup of applesauce
1 TB of olive oil 
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves

3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips, could use less, but the chips are well distributed.

Yielded 12 regular muffins.  The batter is moist, but not overly wet. The taste is more pumpkin and spices.  A nice muffin, but still not overly pumpkin.






No comments:

Post a Comment