Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Banana Pumpkin Muffins

Once again I sought out a pumpkin muffin recipe.  I hadn't found one worth repeating yet.  This recipe looked different because it used banana and I've always had good luck with banana.

I basically followed the recipe with a couple substitutions.  The second time I made it, I doubled the recipe and yielded 48 mini muffins (bake 11-13 mins) and 12 small regular muffins (bake 15-18 mins) at 350 degrees.

4 bananas
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/2 cup of applesauce/oil (almost all applesauce)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves

1 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (almost)

The first time I made these without chocolate chips and they are not very sweet and my family very much missed the chocolate chips.  The second time I added the mini chocolate chips and they are perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment