Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Fabric Postcard

My Modern Quilt Guild has neat activities throughout the year.  This Halloween we were invited to participate in a fabric postcard swap with another Modern Quilt Guild.

This summer I moved my sewing room from upstairs to downstairs.  Now I share the room with a lot of existing craft and office supply stuff.  There still needs to be a fair amount of reorganization and purging.

Due to the state of my sewing area, I have not been doing much sewing.  Certainly not any large projects.  But I signed up for the postcard swap anyway.

The goal of the postcards is for it to be a quick project.  I had an idea, but it wasn't until my recipients' postcard arrived in the mail did I get started.

First I looked for the stiff interfacing.  I know I have some from the last time I made fabric postcards, but I could not find it anywhere!  Plan B was to just use three layers of somewhat stiff interfacing and hope for the best.

It all worked out fine.  I am certainly influenced by the little people in my life and went with 5 Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment