Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Taboo Game

As Halloween approached, I was on the lookout for some activities for my daughter's fourth grade Halloween party. There are some great ideas out there. One was a talking game where certain halloween words had to be avoided. Another site simply suggested a Halloween taboo game. I've always enjoyed the game Taboo. I think it's great to make yourself think in different ways. 

Searching specifically for a Halloween Taboo game didn't yield the results I had hoped. Finally I decided to create my own game. I started with basic Halloween words and then borrowed some from Halloween word searches. Once I got started, the words came quickly to me. I only have three "taboo" words per card because I know it can be a tricky game for younger kids and even some adults!  At least knowing the topic should probably help too. I ended up with forty cards adding in some fall topics. I'll bring along a timer as well. 

I printed on orange card stock and then laminated the cards.  Hopefully the kids will enjoy the game as much as I anticipate liking it.

I have PDFs of the cards and can send them out via email, just let me know. 



11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you both found the game and can use the cards too. We had a blast. Most kids didn't know how the game works, but learned quickly and some did better than others. We ended up not using the timer and just letting each kid do a few before handing the stack to the other team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I get a PDF file for the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have a PDF version of the game? This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email is chelsey.slater@edison.k12.nj.us

      Delete
  4. Could I please have a copy of the PDF?
    shelley_strong@bwdsb.on.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! This will work perfect for a class party tomorrow! Will you please email the PDF to colletteclark@hotmail.com? Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a PDF also: mrscarly@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could I get the PDF also
    carterm@alleneastschool.org
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete