Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fleece Hats

Nothing like a chilly night and morning to inspire a warm hat.  As we are headed out this afternoon for trick or treating in the village, I thought a warm hat might be nice.  Then I wondered why I never had a Halloween themed hat.  It's always chilly around Halloween.  I already had my orange fleece out from the Fox Hoodie.  Beginning with a fleece hat of my daughter's, I copied one of the four panels.  Then I cut out jack o'lantern face shapes from black felt.  After sewing two panels together, I zigzagged the shapes on.  Then I found some brown fleece and made a stem.  I sewed the rest of the hat together and added a 4" folded cuff.

My husband wanted a hat too.  I found some really nice grey microfleece and made the panels a bit smaller so they would fit better. I tested it on his head and figured out the head band using 5" this time.

We will both have warm heads on a chilly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment