Friday, October 4, 2013

29oz of Pumpkin yields Muffins, Pies, and Cookies!

29 ounces of pumpkin is perfect for muffins, mini pumpkin pies and cookies!

Once again, I sought out some pumpkin muffin recipes.  I was thinking banana would be nice with pumpkin and maybe some Greek yogurt. Fortunately, someone else already had a recipe for that.  The muffins are moist and the pumpkin flavor is present along with a hint of banana.  I made some minor modifications:   I did half and half white and wheat flour, 3/4 cup of regular chocolate chips instead of the 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and I added a sprinkle of nutmeg and cloves.




The mini pumpkin pie recipe I had figured out last year. It's basically a half a recipe using skim milk. It's very easy.  My son loves pumpkin pie, I bet he could make them himself!

This pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe sounded interesting. The butter is melted and then the dough is chilled before baking. The goal for the baker, Sally, was to have cookies be more chewy than cake like.  Looks like Sally has many great recipes, I'd like to try these ones next.  The cookies are very soft, almost doughlike.  I think we like our cookies to have a bit more texture and firmness.  Adding oats might be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment