Saturday, December 1, 2012

Another Birthday, Another Bag

Quilted Tote
We had another birthday party to attend and I remembered I had some fabric left over from a baby quilt for the same family. The fabric had been representative of the daughter and now it was her birthday. I had the perfect amount for a tote bag. I was looking forward to trying out spiral free motion quilting. I doodled a little making spirals on paper and then I was off. It actually worked quite well.

FMQ close up of Quilted Bag
The quilting went smoothly and also forming the bag. I had some blue heavier fabric that I wanted to use for the handles and the lining. Even though there was some blue on the white fabric, I thought adding some ribbon would tie it all together better.

I love how the thin batting and the quilting give the bag some extra body.

No comments:

Post a Comment