Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Quilted Ornaments




For my next Modern Quilt Guild meeting, it was suggested to do an ornament swap.  I looked around at quilted ornaments and considered some of my own ideas.

I settled on a mini quilt on a sewing machine.  First I sewed together red and green strips in a wonky style.  Then I cut them up for a mini quilt and also a tree design.  Each sewing machine was just cut free hand out of vinyl making each one unique.

After assembling the pieces, I sewed down the machine, then free motion quilted on the mini quilt.  With right sides together I sewed the blue pieces together.  The last step was more free motion quilting in mini spirals around the blue.  My first attempt came out a little big, it is better as a mini wall hanging.  I decided to make another one smaller and keep one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment