Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Modern Quilt Guild Block

I recently joined some lovely ladies for a Modern Quilt Guild meeting.  There are some seriously talented women there!  The December meeting is quickly approaching and it was suggested that we could each bring a 12" block and they would all be assembled as a table cover for our future meetings.

I've been working a bit on floating squares and it's tricky.  I figured working on a smaller scale would be easier and good practice.  It was both!  I used my 12.5" square ruler as my "design wall" and it really made a difference.  With this practice, I see the benefit of having a grid on a design wall.  Redoing my wall will be a new priority.

Because this is a Modern Quilt Guild, I wanted to have a modern block.  Two of squares moved a bit from my original plan after adding the green, but it still works. My hula hoop fabric seemed like an obvious choice to have a block a bit about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment