Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pillowcase Present

My daughter was invited to a birthday party. This particular child often requests donations instead of gifts for her birthday. I like to make a little something for her too. This year I thought to make her a pillowcase. I thought it would be a nice gift because they are a cosleeping family and that usually means your bedding is more neutral. But pillowcases are a nice way to personalize a shared sleeping space. Because I thought this child might really appreciate and understand, I purchased enough fabric to make two pillowcases. One will go to the birthday child and the second will be donated to the Conkerr Cancer project. Pillowcases are offered to hospitalized children. The children may choose one for themselves to use at the hospital and then take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment