Saturday, March 1, 2014

Egg Muffins

After seeing eggs being made in muffin tins a few times, I thought I would try them myself.  I'm not a big fan of eggs, but I thought my family might appreciate an easy egg dish.

These are certainly easy and very adaptable.  I loosely followed this recipe.

I ended up with 9 eggs in a big glass measuring cup for easy pouring.  I added pepper and garlic powder to the eggs.

Then I defrosted various veggies.  We had a pepper and onion mixture and also broccoli.

After spraying with Pam, I filled each muffin cup with some veggies and then meat.  This time I added sausage and cheese to the veggies and also made some with only ham and cheese.  I use my kitchen shears over the cups to cut everything into smaller bits.  The first time I made these I used 1 cup of cheese and consensus was that they could use more.  This time I used 2 cups and it felt like a lot, but got very good reviews.



















After everything is in there, I slowly poured in the eggs.  The eggs fill in all the spaces and some needed a little more.














These baked at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  I did use a knife around the edges before flipping them onto a cooling rack.  The clean up is pretty easy too.


After cooling for a minute, they start to deflate.  My husband has eaten them as leftovers warmed in the microwave and they are always good.  




No comments:

Post a Comment