Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Decorating with Fondant

Ever since seeing maybe my third episode of Cake Boss, I've wanted to try out fondant. They make it look so easy.

I had heard that the marshmallow fondant tastes pretty good. I found a recipe and tried it. It went together well and later rolled out easily. Adding the color worked well too. I just used gel colors and a toothpick then kneaded the color in. My almost eight year old did all of the rolling. We went with hearts as it is Valentine's Day.

I tried a new recipe for cake and frosting and substituted plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream. The frosting was ok, the cake wasn't anything special and wasn't very chocolatey. The fondant was great though! Everyone thought it tasted very good.

It was fun to try out working with fondant and I like the look of it. It makes for easy decorating for kids as well. Even the almost two year old placed a heart on.
Fondant Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment