Monday, September 1, 2014

Sackpack repair

My son's backpack was still in good condition, except for where the straps came through the pack.  I remembered making hand stitched eyelets long ago and thought that would be a good fix. Fortunately I have my free motion foot for quilting and using that helped a lot.

First I took a square of heavy interfacing and a square of black bottom weight fabric. I lined them up under the holes and sewed a couple circles.

Then I trimmed the excess fabric and cut a smaller circle in the center. 

  


Back to my sewing machine, I stitched from the center hole towards the outsides like a sun around the hole a few times.   



Finally I threaded the straps through the hole. It's a much tighter fit.  Hopefully they will last all year!




No comments:

Post a Comment