Monday, January 28, 2013

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

We were sampling the giant chocolate chips and I thought why not make something with them. I settled on this recipe for Double Chocolate Chip muffins from the Ghirardelli website.

All the ingredients were on hand except for a cup of sour cream. We did have six ounces of plain Greek yogurt which I hoped would work out.

I would like to experiment more with this recipe to reduce the butter and possibly the eggs. I bet some banana would add some moisture and a nice flavor.

This muffin recipe makes a fairly dry and sticky batter and isn't overly sweet. They have a nice chocolate flavor. I bet using smaller chocolate chips would yield a more even chocolate flavor.

I used my mini muffin pan and baked for 14 minutes at 400 degrees.

Everyone here seemed to like them okay, even the Greek yogurt skeptics.  As they are, they cannot be considered a favorite yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment