Monday, April 23, 2012

Webster Hoopers @ Community Arts Day

Because I have started a hula hooping fitness class business, I have been looking for ways to get the word out. Recently, I added my web address to the back window of my car.

The Community Arts Day was coming up and my daughter was performing in the talent show. I saw they were accepting exhibitors. I just needed to make up a poster and I also hoped to make a t-shirt with my logo.

I decided to use a trifold board and add images and text to it. It seemed quite tall, so my husband cut it down a bit for me.

I remembered seeing this hoop-like fabric advertised in a JoAnns ad a couple months ago. I hoped I could find it again and use it for a tablecloth. When I first saw it in the ad, I couldn't find a good reason to buy it.

I found the fabric and sewed under the four edges to make a card table sized tablecloth. The colors from the tablecloth then became my theme for the trifold board.

I had given a lot of thought about making a t-shirt. Actually when I needed a logo for my Webster Hoopers, I had already been working on one for a t-shirt. I hoped to do a silk screen or at least make a template and paint inside. But time was running out. I decided to wait and just used iron on letters. The letters worked very well and I heard a lot of people reading my shirt before actually seeing my trifold board.

I contacted Hoopnotica for promotional materials and received some postcards and also a promotional DVD that was perfect to have running at my table. I brought along our mini portable DVD player and used it until the batteries ran out.

The event itself was amazing. After setting up with my toddler in tow, it was time for the talent show. My eight year old daughter, Sydney performed with her unicycle and also hula hooping. She is a natural hooper! Once the show was over, I was back to my table hooping with kids and adults as they passed by. It was a full day of hooping and meeting many great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment