Wednesday, May 3, 2017

New Handprint Quilt Done!

Handprint Quilt
I'm thrilled that this quilt went together so smoothly and quickly.  Sunday was a big sewing day and I also spent Monday afternoon.  Tuesday I took off and got a lot done with few interruptions.  I spent time planning of course and two shopping trips for fabric.  Tuesday evening and Wednesday were when I hand sewed the binding.

I ended up using almost all the fabric I got, so the amounts were pretty close to what I needed.

  • I had 6 accent prints (3 pinks & 3 blues) - 5/8 yd of each
  • The multicolor off white I had over 3 yards.  Probably 2.5 yards would have worked.  That was used for the front, the back, and the binding.
  • For the handprints, I used Kona ivory and had 2 yards.  That was perfect for 19 students with one mistake.  

I used a twin sized packaged batting and quilting thread.

The quilt size is about 48" x 60".

Back of quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment