Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Spy Quilt

A while ago I had come across a woman who made I Spy quilts for children. I thought it was a great idea. Her quilts had very intricate patterns with much smaller squares.

I had just completed some projects with some Fancy Nancy fabric and had a bit left. It was so cute I wondered what I could do with it.

I cut two 4" squares and remembered the I Spy idea. Mine would be like that but maybe more of a matching quilt with two of each pattern. I looked through my fabric stash and cut out many more 4" squares. It was really neat to remember all my old projects made with the different fabrics. This quilt was to be a gift for my third baby who would be born in a few months. What a neat history for her too.

I decided to use 2" sashing and 4" borders. The entire quilt was made from fabric I had in the house. The backing is fleece and there is no batting.

It was a lot of fun creating the pattern and figuring out how to put it all together. My kids offered their opinions and I also took a few pictures of the different configurations to help me decide.

Finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment