Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year Calzones

The kids were asking for pizza for dinner; I offered to make calzones because it had been a while since I made them. Long enough that I forgot how long to bake them.

I used my bread maker to make the dough. Two pounds of dough is split into eight balls for eight calzones. 

I used 3 cups of white flour and 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour and got no complaints about it being too wheaty. 
The rest of the recipe is 1.5 cup of warm water, 2 Tb olive oil, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, and 2 tsp yeast. 

For fillings we had frozen broccoli, frozen spinach, frozen peppers, pepperoni, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese. 

I used a fork and knife markings to distinguish the different fillings. 

We brushed them with an egg and a TB of water mix. 

They baked for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment